Communication Workshop Using MBTI and The Emissary Process Sample Agenda
- Build unity between departments.
- Learn and practice essential communication skills.
- Practice problem-solving skills incorporating creativity and resource/idea sharing.
Day 1 Morning Outline
- Interactive icebreaker to establish mindset for experiential activities.
- Problem-solving activity to focus on interactions and whether or not they are working well.
- Small groups develop and rank list of qualities that demonstrate effective listening.
- Participants practice active listening skills in pairs.
- Pairs work on sending messages and then discuss individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Trios practice active listening, sending messages and observing using real world topics.
Day 1 Afternoon Outline
Day 2 Morning Outline
- Interactive exercise to begin discussion of the obstacles to giving and receiving feedback.
- Large group defines feedback and reviews guidelines for giving and receiving feedback.
- Self-evaluation with peer input as to feedback skills.
- Emissary Process: Small teams discuss their relationships with other departments, then engage in a self-assessment and feedback exercise with the other departments.
Day 2 Afternoon Outline
- Great Creations: Groups subdivide into to build identical halves of a bridge.
- Teams prepare presentations on findings, new commitments and action steps.