Foundations of Leadership: Leader's Role in Stages of Team Development Sample Agenda
- Discover and practice a leader's role in setting and achieving goals, gaining support, resolving conflicts, motivating team members, and sustaining commitment.
- Recognize where your organization or team currently stands and choose the appropriate leadership style.
- Learn to identify team behaviors and respond effectively.
- Identify appropriate directive and/or supportive coaching techniques to improve team performance.
- Warm-up stretches and answering questions about leadership.
- Define the word "leadership."
- Review the Leadership Assessment Results.
- Facilitated challenge around Directing and Coaching skills.
- Review Tuckman's Model (forming, storming, norming, performing).
- Review coaching skills.
- Facilitated challenge around Collaborator and Visionary skills.
- Assess team's current stages of development.
- Small group discussion around group observation forms.