The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator as a Problem-Solving Tool Sample Agenda
- Understanding of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personal preferences.
- Learn how different type preferences contribute to the workplace.
- Experience how different people solve problems using their dominant preferences.
- Consider the components necessary to solve problems using a structured system.
- Develop strategies and action plans to effectively maximize different type preferences.
Day 1 Morning Outline
- Introduction to MBTI type and preferences focusing on strengths of all types.
- Self-selection of preference relating to how we get energy.
- Small group discussion regarding characteristics and value of each preference.
- Peer input and self-evaluation relating to how we prefer to gather information.
- Team Performance Challenge activity requiring multi-tasking, planning and sharing of knowledge.
Day 1 Afternoon Outline
- Group develops visual scale showing the team diversity for how we prefer to make decisions.
- Small groups discuss how the concept of conflict is defined differently depending on type.
- Develop strategies for team effectiveness based on competing needs for closure or remaining open to new information.
- Review MBTI problem-solving model followed by interactive team challenge with observers noting type behaviors.
- Determine Best Fit (individual type) and develop team type table.
Day 2 Morning Outline
- Evaluation of team type table with focus on team opportunities and team barriers to success.
- Problem solving challenge involving coaching, presence or absence of clear communications, roles and managing frustration.
- Introduce a model that highlights role clarification and solution building.
- Small group discussion to evaluate team effectiveness in relation to problem solving model components.
- Team challenges involving trust, up-front planning, flexibility and sensitivity to others.
Day 2 Afternoon Outline
- Groups rating of team behaviors exhibited in relation to the model components.
- Action planning exercise highlighting problem solving options for work situations.
MBTI Overview | MBTI Workshop | MBTI Resources | MBTI & Communication Workshop | MBTI & Leadership Workshop | MBTI & Teamwork Workshop | MBTI & Managing Change Workshop| Frequently Asked MBTI Questions | MBTI History
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - MBTI are registered trademarks of Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc.