Teamwork Sample Agenda
Teamwork Skills and Objectives
- Learn the value of team identity and interdependence among team members.
- Develop skills needed to achieve common understanding of institutional values and norms.
- Define and understand the effectiveness of leadership that emphasizes unity and innovation.
Day 1 Morning Outline
- Introduction of model providing context for team performance and effectiveness.
- Fast-paced interactive activity used as a metaphor for looking at team interconnections
- Discussion of communication model and real-world examples.
- Active listening communication activity highlighting paraphrasing and asking clarifying questions.
- Problem-solving exercise designed to show the Stages of Team Development.
- Large group discussion of each group development stage and relevant communication strategies.
- Interactive exercise followed by discussion of team process and effectiveness.
Day 1 Afternoon Outline
- Interactive exercise in which giving and receiving of feedback are practiced.
- Written self-evaluation exercise about giving and receiving feedback.
- Interactive exercise designed to demonstrate team interdependence and show skills helpful for achieving common goals.
- Large group discussion of leadership styles to maximize group performance through unity and innovation.
- Active Forum action planning process in which participants choose to lead discussion and action on topics within a predetermined theme that have meaning for them.