Active Forum – Optimized Idea Generation
The ancient Greek philosophers knew a thing or two about the power of discourse. Free but purposeful conversation exchanging ideas about the issues of the day; posing problems and venturing solutions. Access was available to anyone open to the process of discovery, from scholars to the curious. Ideas were shared in a strategic thinking symposium, disciplined as well as creatively spontaneous and unpredictable. Their rich legacy has more than stood the test of time, because when great minds meet, great things happen.
Involve, inspire, discover and unleash employee potential.
It’s only human nature to prefer to participate in the discovery of truth, so engaging work teams in that process is hugely powerful and beneficial. The best path, the right decision, affirmation of a strategy or the uncovering of a new one, problem-solving or identifying new opportunities, all of these become products of empowering your people, giving them a voice and a forum in which to be heard.
The facilitator begins by working with the team to develop a theme, such as how to improve client communications or how to become a more effective team. This establishes a clearly defined focus without hindering free expression. Team members may later volunteer to convene smaller, topical sessions relating to the theme. Participants move freely between them, from one convener/session to another, sharing, listening, adding opinions and cross-pollinating. As this pragmatic but creative process continues, team members identify the steps necessary to address the issues and opportunities that are revealed. The entire group reconvenes to clarify, expand upon ideas and establish steps and priorities.
- Energize team members to participate freely to create ideas and find solutions.
- Achieve continuous improvement in a workplace aligned with values and culture.
- Identify steps to improve processes and policies with the input of committed employees.
- Foster innovation and collaboration in a workplace where new ideas are welcomed.
Latest posts by AAI Staff (see all)
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019
- Tips for the Perfect Remote Worker Relationship - September 9, 2015
- Distributed Leadership: The Definition and Theory Behind This New Leadership Approach - July 30, 2015