Bringing out the best and unleashing the synergies.
Stages of Team Development
We’ve been grouping ourselves into work teams since we lived in caves, but the exceptional teamwork achieved through…
Decision-making for Teams
Even during ideal circumstances…
Problem-solving for Teams
Solving problems is at the heart of all we do, part of every aspect of work. Whether your team is formal or ad hoc…
At the core of teams known for consistently delivering high-performance outcomes, those truly exceptional teams…
Rather than relying on PowerPoint presentations and lectures, expect highly experiential, elicitive approaches for instilling knowledge and developing skills. Through a series of custom-designed challenges, participants face increasingly difficult (yet enjoyable!) scenarios that call upon effective teamwork skills in order to succeed. The facilitator(s) provide short presentations along the way, including revealing helpful models, tools, and tips. Most importantly, the facilitator(s) carefully guide participants through reflective pre and post-activity debrief discussions aimed at uncovering wisdom and strengths within the group. Such lessons are tracked and fed back in the form of a post-program report, followed by additional conversations about strategic follow-through. Key aspects of the methodology include:
- Non-formulaic; every program is customized to the group
- Inclusive and participatory activities conducive to full engagement
- Practice activities and scenarios
- Enjoyable and memorable experience
- Tailored to abilities and interests of team/group
- Deliberate sequencing of activities; skills developed incrementally
- Focused practice
Blend with Team Building
Every Adventure Associates workshop includes experiential (learn-by-doing) activities, regardless of duration. And, in order to fully understand, appreciate, and practice your teamwork skills, the following team building modules provide an ideal opportunity for taking risks with your new skills in order to be ready for action back in the “real world.”
- TPC – Small teams work through a series of activity stations; each takes 30-45 minutes, including a focused discussion about how to maximize individual involvement, plan effectively, and which leadership and participation roles work best.
- GeoTrek – GeoTrek, based on the recreational sport of geo-caching, blends adventure and technology into an exhilarating team building experience.
- Pursuit – Teams strategize how to acquire the greatest number of points for completing a series of activities located at a local park or your conference center.
We tailor our teamwork workshops for many types of groups and purposes, including:
- Leadership Team
- Group of Leaders (open enrollment)
- Project Teams
- Geographically Dispersed Teams/Leaders
- Virtual Teams
- Crisis Management
- Change Management
- Professional Development
- Organizational Development
- Leadership Incubator/Internal Recruitment (High-Potential Employees)
- Leadership Retreats