Stages of Team Development
High Performance Doesn’t Just Happen
We’ve been grouping ourselves into work teams since we lived in caves, but the exceptional teamwork achieved through understanding and applying the Stages of Team Development can be easy to talk about but harder to come by. It’s a process that requires commitment and the skills to do it right in order to achieve desired objectives. Breaking it down into easy to understand and implement elements makes it possible for teams to do more, doing it faster and with less stress.
Make Team Development your competitive secret weapon.
A recommended pre-workshop Team Assessment reveals where you are, establishing context for improvement, as we design a blueprint to empower you to make it happen— confidently, effectively and as a team. Using the Tuckman Model, we’ll identify the core behaviors and characteristics of a team through the four Stages of Team Development: Forming – Storming – Norming – Performing.
Our objective is to keep you moving in a fluid progression to Performing, mindful of the hiccups that are common along the way courtesy of organizational upheaval, IT change, additional team members, new leaders, different operating procedures and more. Interactive problem-solving activities enable participants to practice as they experience each of the four stages, gaining insights and tools that speed them through their progression. We’ll keep you on track, paying close attention to needs for coaching and to the specific process skills—from communication to role clarification to effective meetings—all preparing you and your team for the steady transition to higher performance.
- Understand the dynamics of Stages of Team Development, transforming your team into a
- Identify when your team is in a specific stage and modify your behaviors accordingly.
- Reach agreements required for a commitment to team improvement.
- Achieve greater accountability, pride and performance from your team.
- Asking Questions - October 9, 2019
- Tips For Thriving as a Multi-Generational Workplace - June 20, 2019
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019