Using Change as an Opportunity Sample Agenda
- Understand the cycles of change and the roles different people play in the process.
- Recognize and adapt to the emotional cycles associated with change.
- Learn effective strategies and skills for navigating through transitions.
- Use Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to help develop individual and group strategies for managing change.
- Team members read the short book, Who Moved My Cheese, in order provide a common foundation for discussing change issues.
- Interactive team challenge designed to help the team examine the way they manage change.
- Large group discusses strategies for staying positive and productive during periods of change.
- Exchange of personal change stories leading to common themes and helpful strategies.
- Large group discussion of strategies for change management given overall group MBTI preference.
- Breakout into functional groups to complete discussion questions about the Ladder of Inference.
- Presentation of William Bridges Transition model that stages of transition associated with change.
- Large group explores current beliefs and behaviors that might inhibit change and identifies new beliefs and specific behaviors that may facilitate the transition through change.