Problem-solving for Leaders
Problem-solving techniques of great leaders
Effective leaders often point to their mastery of creative problem-solving to explain their success, but the higher art is the capacity to transfer that same capability to the team. An effective leader not only reads their team but understands the appropriate amount of guidance to provide to clarify problem-solving, build manager skills and enhance their own leadership strengths.
Effective leaders create an organization of problem-solvers
Learn to influence your team’s attitude toward problem-solving, matching an employee’s skill sets with appropriate challenges, reflecting on past successes and anticipating new ones. Practice facilitating solutions with our Hybrid-SWOT and Brainstorming exercises, developing a list of problem-solving best practices and instilling confidence and competence.
As a leader sharing creative problem-solving techniques, you serve as coach and teacher—and later as facilitator when the determined solution goes beyond an individual. You define the problem and decide on the process, gathering information and making a decision that translates into development of an action plan that will ultimately be audited, evaluated, recorded and shared.
- Develop a clear step-by-step process that can be replicated.
- Empower employees with skills to solve problems on their own.
- Create a climate where collaborative idea generation is real.
- Read your team and provide what they need when they need it.
Latest posts by AAI Staff (see all)
- Asking Questions - October 9, 2019
- Tips For Thriving as a Multi-Generational Workplace - June 20, 2019
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019