Communication Skills really matter. A lot.
It’s easy to take communication skills for granted and dismiss them as part of the routine communication we do every day without thinking. But there are hidden costs for doing that and they’re steep. At the heart of all our actions and interactions, professionally and personally, it’s those same seemingly mundane communication skills we don’t think much about that determine our success or failure.
Communication is a critically important two-way street: how we speak, and how we listen.
Our Communication Skills workshop is interactive and personal, with a focus on pairs and small groups. A lively, enjoyable experience designed to sharpen communication and active listening skills with knowledge, tools and practice exercises. Serious business, certainly, but while the exercises have a clear purpose, count on laughter and fun along the way. Each participant shares a personal story that is the context for skills development—both effective speaking to be understood, as well as the empathetic listening skills to understand what we hear and to act purposefully.
To achieve more effective communication in the workplace, we integrate a communication skills self-evaluation and a facilitator-guided discussion. Zeroing-in on speaking techniques, enhancing perception checking, drawing people out and skillful appreciative inquiry. We’ll address listening barriers, rushing to hasty judgments and failing to connect, and we’ll find common ground to establish agreed-upon conversational best practices. You’ll leave with everyday workplace skills that truly make a difference you’ll benefit from every day.
- Learn to deal with conflict productively, effectively and successfully.
- Prepare for all workplace conversations, casual to critical.
- Influence with greater success and listen more effectively.
- Reduce misunderstandings and miscommunication with proven, effective techniques.
- Reach consensus for all communication protocols; verbal, email and more.
- Conduct more effective and collaborative meetings in a more positive workplace.
Latest posts by AAI Staff (see all)
- Tips For Thriving as a Multi-Generational Workplace - June 20, 2019
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019
- Tips for the Perfect Remote Worker Relationship - September 9, 2015