Communication for Leaders
Great leaders are effective communicators
In most every workplace the most common complaint from workers about their leaders invariably revolves around the amount and the caliber of their communication. Clearly, effective communication in the workplace is in short supply and the urgency to improve communication skills is real and growing. Of all the qualities of good leadership, none has greater potential than the mastery of communication; everything else flows from it.
Listening actively, providing feedback and asking questions
All are part of effective communication, and all are essential leadership characteristics that every leader and manager needs to recognize as central to working relationships and overall workplace environment. This workshop will teach you how to ask the right questions at the right time to uncover the truth that needs to be known, and to do so in a collaborative and non-confrontational manner.
You’ll also understand the importance of paralinguistics—everything but what you say. Gain the tools and master the skills to reinforce your message —even before large groups, when it’s impossible to connect individually —by controlling body language, tone of voice, facial expressions and mannerisms. All are orchestrated and coordinated, working in concert to elicit the desired response from your audience and your teams.
- Master effective workplace communication for all circumstances.
- Adapt personal style to your audience and different situations.
- Develop awareness of paralinguistics and leverage its benefits.
- Understand the Levels of Resistance and crafting persuasive messages.
- Asking Questions - October 9, 2019
- Tips For Thriving as a Multi-Generational Workplace - June 20, 2019
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019