Team Leadership: Decision-Making for Leaders Sample Agenda
- Agree upon what comprises a “good” decision.
- Understand various approaches to decision-making, the pros and cons of each and when to use.
- Understand the leader’s role in decision making (as a function of his/her team’s level of development).
- Practice delegating decisions as a team.
- Develop a plan, list of rules, protocols, etc. around decision-making that will develop a leader’s team.
- Warm-up stretches.
- Discuss common barriers to making effective decisions.
- Facilitated team challenge to explore the concept of consensus.
- Apply a variety of decision-making methods to a facilitated challenge.
- Review four important questions for making team decisions.
- Learn how to research decisions and make informed decisions.
- Master several decision making tools including the Fist to Five method and the Decision-Making Tree.