Organizational Leadership: Storytelling for Leaders
“Tell me about yourself. What does your organization do” For many of us, these invitations to share information are merely conversational pleasantries that we hurry through in order to get to the real business at hand. However, your responses to each of these are some of the most powerful tools you have, whether you’re dealing with employees, customers, vendors or partners.
Humans love hearing, telling and sharing tales: sad ones, happy ones, inspirational ones, scary one. In this workshop, you’ll explore several key uses for a good story (sales presentations, preserving history and traditions, motivational speeches, consensus-building meetings, branding, leveraging company culture) and craft stories that will move others to share your perspective.
- Examine the components of a “good” story.
- Participate in a facilitated creative process to develop a personal “boot-strap” tale.
- Participate in a facilitated creative process to develop a “state-of-the-company” address.
- Participate in a facilitated creative process to develop an organizational “vision.”
- Review best practices for sharing stories.
- Practice delivering your stories.