- Introduction and Warm-Ups
- Belay lesson
- Climbing practice
- Team climbing contests
Nuts & Bolts
- 3.5–4 hours
- Team size of 4; group size of up to 50
- Medium fitness suggested
- Site-specific: local climbing gym
Indoor Rock Climbing Team Building
Mobilize your team to develop their coaching skills, goal-setting processes and creative problem-solving expertise with this intensive team challenge. Your team members will pair up, one person on belay, supporting and observing the climber, providing the type and amount of help the climber needs—the other in a harness scaling the wall. This dynamic carries over to the workplace in the form of strong mutual support and trust.
Finally, each team tests their new skills by competing in contests on the climbing wall. With an understanding of each person’s strengths and weaknesses, participants choose between tethered pair climb, blindfolded scramble or the strategy course. Our Challenge-by-Choice philosophy enables every participant to experience their own success in the context of their own aspirations.
- Practices the patience and persistence necessary to set and achieve realistic goals.
- Increases individual self-confidence gained from taking risks.
- Improves communication with teammates.
- Involves everyone regardless of how high individuals actually climb.
Blend with Corporate Training
The rock climbing experience lends itself well to integration with our Interpersonal Feedback Skills and Problem-solving for Teams workshops.
- Asking Questions - October 9, 2019
- Tips For Thriving as a Multi-Generational Workplace - June 20, 2019
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019