Build a Bridge Team Building
Build a Bridge ignites your team’s creative energy as they move through the stages of designing, planning, building, troubleshooting and presenting their prototypes to the other teams.
Charged with building two halves of a bridge in separate locations, teams have access to limited communication modes to keep them on track during the construction phase. Once built and the halves connected, the completed bridges are rated on aesthetic value and tested for strength. The teams that succeed are those in which someone in the group can capture everyone’s imagination, provide a vision and motivate them to move forward.
- Empowers teams to apply effective project management skills.
- Necessitates building consensus and implementing a plan.
- Replicates the communication challenges of geographically dispersed teams.
- Requires both mechanical skills and interpersonal skills…requires both attention to details and a big picture view…just like your workplace.
- Provides an opportunity to examine the ambiguous nature of communication and reinforces best practices to proactively ensure that one’s message is understood.
Blend with Corporate Training
We particularly recommend this event for virtual teams (as it very closely parallels their daily work situation), R&D groups, and upper level managers who must coordinate the work of many disparate units. Consider a full day workshop combining Myers-Briggs Type Indicator or Communication Skills with Build a Bridge.
Latest posts by AAI Staff (see all)
- Asking Questions - October 9, 2019
- Tips For Thriving as a Multi-Generational Workplace - June 20, 2019
- Real Work Office Design - March 3, 2019